1. What is the happiest memory of your girlhood? as memory serves, my girlhood pretty much sucked, but the day my third grade teacher, mrs. ewing, presented me with the "most loving" award was pretty cool. i asked her if i could go home with her and she just laughed this beautiful laugh. i wonder to this day if she had any idea that my request was sincere.
2. Do you really think that green vegetables (other than Caesar salad) will kill you? yes'm.
3. How different from your "real" self do you think your Smockmomma blog persona is? i hope i'm nicer and more optimistic in real life ... but i doubt i am. Would most people be surprised if they met you in person? i don't think so.
4. Do you have a Scriptural "life verse"? If so, what is it and why? the 91st psalm, which i memorized while in college, is my life verse because fear has always been my weakness. i'm terribly fearful of so blasted much and i'm convinced that my cynicism and pessimism stem from that fear. according to saint ignatius, it's the cause of my "root sin" which is anger. this is the verse i always fall back on to get me through the next five minutes...and the next, and the next...
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
5. What's your all time favorite book? And PLEASE don't say that awful Love Among the Cannibals book. you've got to be kidding; i can't narrow it down to only one. do plays count? howabout i just tell you that my favorite genre is fiction?