This time it's a birthday meme:
1) Go to Wikipedia.
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday.
4) List two important birthdays and one death.
5) One holiday or observance (if any).
Since I just LOVE me some Wikipedia (and some Sleepy Mommies!), I couldn't wait to do this one. Here are my results:
1. 1554--A year after claiming the throne of England for nine days, Lady Jane Grey is beheaded for treason.
2. 1924--The premeire of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue with Paul Whiteman's Palais Royal Orchestra in Aeolian Hall in New York City.
3. 2004--Mattel announced the split of Barbie and Ken.
Two important birthdays (besides me?):
1. 1809--Charles Darwin
2. 1809--Abraham Lincoln
One important death:
1. 1995--Robert Bolt, English author (A Man for All Seasons)
One holiday or celebration:
1. Well, it used to be Lincoln's birthday, until it got jammed together with George Washington so we could have a weekend of sale days at the mall.
Anyone else want to play?