Tagged by the Kitchen Madonna, she of the beautiful aprons, here are the rules:
"Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”
Well, we can do everything but the tagging the next 8 thing. We always want anyone to play who wants to! We'll call out Ellyn and Pansy and Peony in particular, but for everyone else, it's fair game!
Let's see. 8 things about MamaT:
1. Some days I enjoy planning my funeral. I go through and decide on what readings I want, what hymns to select. I guess that's morbid, but one day I'll write it all down and put it on file in the church office. Then SisterM and the Smock won't have to decide what to do when I'm old!
2. I love to eat tuna with mustard and pickles. That grosses out everyone I know, except the Zman. I mix it up, spread it on crackers. A feast for Friday lunch! I try not to eat it when anyone else is watching.
3. I hate baths. I am a shower girl from the word go. I don't think it has anything to do with being able to relax--I just don't like soaking in a tub. Never have. Never had the girly-girl obsession with bubblebath and all things scented and soapy.
4. I'm not all that smart. The truest thing that anyone ever said to me was: "You're not really intelligent. You're diligent." I took that as a slam back in the day. But today I think it is probably true. And I'm not sure that that's not a good trade. I think I'd rather be diligent.
5. I despise housework, though I am trying to work on my attitude. I like grocery shopping. I like cooking. I don't even mind the laundry. But I hate dusting and mopping. But I love a clean house (though I rarely have one) better than anyone I know. I am working the Flylady system (again) and I'm making progress. I'm taking it much slower this time.
6. Though it is not something most people would say about me, I think I verge on being the laziest person *at heart* that you would ever meet. Almost everything I do, above reading and eating, I *make* myself do. I never, ever wake up on any given morning and think "Oh, goody, a lovely day to get some things done!" Nope, I wake up thinking "Oh, dear. What must I get done today?" And go from there. That makes me sound depressed, but I am not. I'm just lazy! Trust me, there's a difference.
7. My favorite comedy leans toward low-brow humor. Think Weekend at Bernies or Death to Smoochy or Zoolander. I love witty English comedy, but I laugh 'til I cry at The Jerk. It's embarrassing! My SisterM says that's why I do well with boys. I laugh as hard as they do over, ahem, "fart" humor. And if someone slips and falls in a comedy routine? It's over for me. Oh, dear.
8. I love men. Men of all types, shapes, sizes, colors and occupations. I have always had a lot of friends that were men. I don't expect them to be women. I don't expect them to be enlightened. I don't expect them to be anything but what they are. I think they like that. And I like them.
Tag: Whoever wants to play next!