OK, here are today's questions, courtesy of the folks over at Booking Through Thursday:
1. Do you have a favorite author?
2. Have you read everything he or she has written?
3. Did you LIKE everything?
4. How about a least favorite author?
5. An author you wanted to like, but didn't?
And here are my answers:
1. Of course I have a favorite author. It just changes from time to time, based on my mood and my state of life. ONE of my favorite authors is Jane Austen. Another is Jon Hassler.
2 & 3> I have read everything by Jane Austen at one time or another in my life. Yes, I liked it all. I have not read everything Jon Hassler has written. I have saved back two books, The Dean's List and Rookery Blues. He died not long ago, and I am sad about these books. when I read them, I will have read everything, and there will be nothing new coming out. Of course, I can start re-reading, but it won't be the same. I liked all his books, but thought some were more successful than others.
4. My least favorite author? Probably Emily Bronte. I hate Wuthering Heights with a passion that is unseemly in a nice old lady like me.
5. An author I wanted to like, but didn't? Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The rest of the world falls at his feet. Me? Meh.
How 'bout you???