It's my turn to take a whack at this "First Line" thingie going around, except I'm no good at music, so I'm going to post a line from some of my favorite MOVIES and see iffin' you can guess what they are. Instead of 25, I've included 36, and even then I had to stop myself by sheer force of will.
Just for fun, whoever can correctly answer the most movies will win 2 free movie tickets. This list will be posted on Facebook and at my blog, the summa mamas. If you are interested in playing, be sure to note that looking them up on IMDB, Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. I'll tag the line with the movie answer once they are correctly identified. Enjoy...
1. "When you polish the floor, you have to MOVE the tree." - Mommie Dearest
2. "You're no messiah. You're a movie of the week." - Se7en
3. "I'm your huckleberry." - Tombstone
4. "What kind of mother would I be if I didn't give my daughters tits? Tips!" - Tootsie
5. "Violet, I didn't know you smoked! And you roll your own?" - 9 to 5
6. "As long as the lady's paying for it, why not take the Vicuna?"
7. "Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women." - J*ws
8. "Everybody's innocent in here. Didn't you know that?" - Shawshank Redemption
9. "Twice I took the name of the Lord in vain, once I slept with the brother of my fiancée, and once I bounced a check at the liquor store -- but that was really an accident." - Moonstruck
10. "Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I - I do, don't you think I do?" - Annie Hall
11. "However, I do not wish to lose my temper, because very shortly, I shall lose my head." - Monsieur Verdoux
12. "How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?" - Usual Suspects
13. "Please forgive me. My pedicurist had a stroke. She fell forward onto the orange stick and plunged it into my toe. It required bandaging." - Bullets Over Broadway
14. "You can milk just about anything with nipples." - Meet the Parents
15. "So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper." - Fargo
16. "He be home soon, I'm sure. He say he go out to buy socks."
17. "I'm sorry I had to fight in the middle of your Black Panther party." - Forrest Gump
18. "As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster." - Goodfellas
19. "I wanted the night... you see... and here it is..."
20. "I'd slid halfway down that mountain before I realized -- Gustav had pushed me." - The Women (1939)
21. "I'm taking mom to show and tell." - The Incredible Shrinking Woman
22. "People who talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch." - As Good As It Gets
23. "Like most intellectuals, he's intensely stupid." - Dangerous Liaisons
24. "I always thought it'd be better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody."
25. "I'm a gawddamn marvel of modern science." - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
26. "Feel free to call me 'The Sultan.'"
27. "Me an' the old lady are gonna pick up the pieces and retie the knot, mixaphorically speaking." - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
28. "I guess I started smoking when I was about... four. My momma was already dead then from lung cancer."
29. "No, I think anyone who puckers up their lips and presses it against their bosses buttocks and then *smooches* is an ass-kisser." - Broadcast News
30. "Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase." - Raising Arizona
31. ""Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Pulp Fiction
32. "Kill her, Mommy. Kill her."
33. "That's a human ear all right." - Blue Velvet
34. "Although you took thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move." - 2001: A Space Odyssey
35. "Neighbors bring food with death and flowers with sickness, and little things in between." - To Kill A Mockingbird
36. "You're not a god. You can take my word for it; this is twelve years of Catholic school talking." - Groundhog Day